Do You Have a Personal Real Estate Agent?
If you’re planning on buying a home, you may have already done some shopping on your own. Perhaps you’ve checked out a few open houses or called the number on a “For Sale” sign to schedule a private viewing of that property.
Yes, you can do all of that on your own, if you have the time and expertise. However, statistics prove that you’ll be more successful in finding your dream home at the right price with your own personal real estate agent.
Your Real Estate Agent Works for You
A real estate agent, especially one who knows the local market well, like Lisa, can help you find and buy your ideal home, quickly, and make the entire process go smoothly for you. During each viewing, Lisa will give you the inside scoop on that property, so you know the full story. Lisa will also point out desirable features, and potential “issues”, that you might otherwise miss.
When it comes time to making an offer, Lisa will present and negotiate, on your behalf. If you don’t have your own real estate agent, you would have to deal directly with the seller’s agent, who is legally obliged to work in the seller’s best interests – NOT yours.
Bottom line: Hiring your own real estate agent, to fully represent you, is truly the best decision when you are dealing with such a big decision financially.
What to Look for in a Real Estate Agent
When buying a home, you want a real estate agent who…
- Takes the time to understand your needs and goals, so you have a true partner in your home buying journey.
- Explains everything clearly and answers your questions, so you are never in the dark.
- Has expertise and a track record of success in the local market. Check past reviews!
- Knows how to find great properties in your price range.
- Will alert you to new listings, quickly, so you get the jump on those opportunities.
- Will advise you on the best price to offer for the home you want.
- Will prepare and present the offer, and skillfully negotiate such things as price, conditions, closing dates, etc. so you get the best deal.
- Will save you potentially thousands of dollars, ensuring you don’t overpay for the property you want.
- Will recommend reputable home inspectors, movers and other professionals you may need.
Not every real estate agent offers all of these services. Our clients say that we do. They also tell us how much they appreciate our professionalism, expertise and accessibility.
The best way to select the right real estate agent, is to meet with him or her in person. Ask questions. See if there is a good fit.
To schedule an appointment, please call or email us. If it’s more convenient for you, submit the form below and we’ll get back to you.